Teaching in the Canadian Classroom
Effective teaching is an essential element of being an international teaching assistant and the cornerstone of presentations for all graduate students. Join us for a 16-hour seminar series, and learn to teach and present with greater confidence in the Canadian classroom.
In Teaching in the Canadian Classroom, you will:
- develop and expand on your teaching skills;
- acquire greater confidence when presenting;
- enhance your language skills and knowledge of Canadian teaching culture;
- become adept at giving and receiving constructive feedback on teaching; and
- learn about the educational backgrounds and expectations of Canadian students.
Workshop activites include microteaching and discussions of cultural differences in the classroom.
PLEASE NOTE: Registration is limited to 25 participants. We collect a $20.00 refundable deposit, which will be returned to you after the session. After you register online, please bring your deposit (cash or cheque) to Chris Smith at the front desk of the Teaching Support Centre (Room 122, D.B. Weldon Library) between 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. If we do not receive your deposit two business days (by 4:00 p.m.) before the start of the session, your registration may be deleted in order to allow someone on the waiting list to register.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
REGISTER EARLY: Class size is limited to 25 participants per class.