- » Faculty Programs
- Faculty Certificate in Teaching Excellence
Welcome to the Faculty Certificate in Teaching Excellence. This comprehensive suite of programs will allow you to explore and implement a variety of teaching strategies, engage with scholarly literature, and reflect critically on your approaches to teaching.
- Consultation Services
- Consultation services available to departments or individual faculty who want to improve their teaching.
- Course Design Workshops
- The purpose of this two-day workshop is to facilitate the design or redesign of a course that you will be teaching in the upcoming year.
- Course on Teaching at the University Level
- The Teaching Support Centre is offering a four-day comprehensive course, Teaching at the University Level, for faculty who are new to teaching.
- Curriculum Review
- Workshops on preparing for curriculum review and writing program outcomes.
- eLearning Conversation Series
- eLearning Conversation Series is an informal monthly series for faculty members interested in building a community of scholars focusing on developing their practice in topics related to eLearning.
- Faculty Mentor Program
- One of our many endeavors in the Teaching Support Centre is the Faculty Mentor Program. This is quite a special program, it was jointly developed with the University Faculty Association and the University Administration specifically to make the experience, knowledge and expertise of colleagues available to new faculty.
- Graduate Supervision Conversations
- This faculty learning community is an informal monthly brown-bag lunch series. Participants will have the opportunity to share strategies, ask questions, and receive resources.
- Instructional Skills Workshop
- The ISW is offered within a small group setting and is designed to enhance the teaching effectiveness of both new and experienced instructors.
- New Faculty Orientation
- This orientation day is for newly appointed academic staff (full-time and part-time) and is designed to build community as well as introduce instructors to available services at Western.
- Online Teaching Squares
- The Online Teaching Squares program provides instructors with an opportunity to observe other online courses at Western with the aim of self-reflecting on their own online course design and teaching approaches.
- Perspectives on Teaching Conference
- The TSC organizes a one-day conference, Perspectives on Teaching, each fall and spring for faculty, staff and graduate students. The conference includes sessions on effective lecturing, innovative teaching techniques, problem solving and self-directed teaching/learning, evaluation methods, grading practices, blended learning and other teaching-related issues.
- Teaching Fellows Program
- Teaching Fellows provide educational leadership and initiate and coordinate Faculty-specific programming and research to promote teaching excellence and curriculum innovation.
- Teaching Squares
- The Teaching Squares Program provides faculty with an opportunity to gain new insight into their teaching through a process of reciprocal classroom observation and self-reflection.