- » Faculty Programs
- Consultation Services
- The Teaching Support Centre offers voluntary, confidential consultation services to individual faculty who want to improve their teaching.
- Course Design & Renovation Workshop
- The purpose of this two-day workshop is to facilitate the design or
redesign of a course that you will be teaching in the upcoming year.
- Course on Teaching at the University Level
- The Teaching Support Centre is offering a four-day comprehensive course, Teaching at the University Level, for faculty who are new to teaching.
- Curriculum Review
- Workshops on preparing for curriculum review and writing program outcomes.
- Faculty Mentor Program
- One of our many endeavors in the Teaching Support Centre is the Faculty Mentor Program. This is quite a special program, it was jointly developed with the University Faculty Association and the University Administration specifically to make the experience, knowledge and expertise of colleagues available to new faculty.
- Graduate Supervision
- The Teaching Support Centre (TSC) and the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (SGPS) are working on developing programs and resources to enhance graduate supervision and raise its profile and importance across campus.
- Instructional Skills Workshop
- The ISW is offered within a small group setting and is designed to enhance the teaching effectiveness of both new and experienced instructors.
- Individual Department Workshops
- Upon request, the Teaching Support Centre will assist a Committee,
Department, or Faculty with curriculum revisions or individual course
- New Faculty Orientation
- This orientation day is for newly appointed academic staff (full-time and part-time) and introduces them to colleagues and support groups within the University.
- Perspectives on Teaching Conference
- The TSC organizes a one-day conference, Perspectives on Teaching, each fall and spring for faculty, staff and graduate students. The conference includes sessions on effective lecturing, innovative teaching techniques, problem solving and self-directed teaching/learning, evaluation methods, grading practices, blended learning and other teaching-related issues.
- Teaching Squares
The Teaching Squares Program provides faculty with an opportunity to gain new insight into their teaching through a process of reciprocal classroom observation and self-reflection.
- Teaching with Technology Workshops
- Lists programs offered by the Teaching Support Centre related to e-learning, instructional technology, and online teaching.