Faculty Grant Opportunities
- Fellowship in Teaching Innovation Award
- The purpose of the fellowship is to encourage Western faculty members (full-time and part-time) to pursue teaching innovations at Western University. Teaching innovation projects may take many forms, such as developing new strategies for student engagement or initiatives involving the novel incorporation of educational technology into classroom settings. Two fellowships of up to $10,000 may be awarded annually.
- The Western Mentoring Micro Grant Program
- To enhance teaching and research and to develop solid careers, faculty often need resources to acquire new skills and new research and teaching methods, and to develop partnerships with established scholars. Micro Grants are designed to provide opportunities for tenure-stream members of faculty to choose mentoring opportunities that make good sense for their own professional development, but that may be inaccessible to them because of lack of funding. Up to $2,500 will be awarded.
- International Curriculum Fund
This fund is administered by Western International and has annual funding of $100,000. Awards of up to $25,000 each will be available annually. The goal of the awards is to promote innovative curriculum initiatives that help support international and intercultural learning opportunities for Western students.