New Certificate for International Graduate Students
This Certificate is designed to enhance the academic and professional communication skills of international graduate students in order to help them make a successful transition to Canadian academia and to prepare them for success in international research and professional settings.
Participants will learn about cultural differences in patterns of communication, practice giving teaching and research presentations to a variety of audiences, and acquire strategies to maintain positive interactions with supervisors, peers, and students.
What skills will I gain?
Through completion of this certificate program, you will
- enhance your public speaking skills
- gain confidence in interpersonal communication in diverse settings
- apply teaching strategies in the classroom to increase student participation
- communicate effectively with undergraduate students during class and office hours
- develop strategies for networking and collaborating with international research teams
- reflect on your experiences in Canada through an intercultural lens
We will hold information sessions in June and September to introduce participants to the components of the Certificate and to provide details about the structure, timing and expectations associated with each of these elements. These sessions provide an opportunity for graduate students to have their questions answered by members of the TSC staff.
June 24, 12-1pm
June 26, 12-1pm