The curriculum specialists at the Teaching Support Centre assist curriculum review and renewal processes that are faculty-driven, student-focused, collaborative, evidence-based and meaningful to the needs of the department.
You can navigate through the stages of continuous curriculum improvement below to find Western-specific resources designed to introduce and guide an inquiry-based approach to curriculum review.
Continuous Curriculum Improvement
What are the next steps after IQAP? Consider collecting and interpreting curriculum data between program review cycles. Find opportunities to engage with fellow faculty in conversations about the curriculum. The scope of change often requires ongoing conversation to:
- Implement reviewer recommendations
- Assess the impact of the changes
- Support Ongoing evaluation
- Revisit program learning outcomes
- Evaluate strengths of the program
- Explore alignment between program outcomes and assessments
- Map course-level learning outcomes to program-level outcomes
- Consider high-impact practices (High-Impact Educational Practices from the Association of American Colleges & Universities)
- Collect student data
- Ongoing survey data collection from students
- Occasional survey collection from students X years after graduation (consider compiling non-uwo email contact lists)
The Teaching Support Centre provides a variety of ongoing support services and programs related to online and blended course development. Such supports include:
The TSC also works closely with the Instructional Technology Resource Centre, which is a support facility for faculty who wish to integrate technology into their courses.