Department of French, Women's Studies and Feminist Research
Education: BA, Southampton; PhD, University of Toronto
Feminist Theory; Queer Theory; Deconstruction; Eighteenth-Century Women Writers; The Epistolary Novel; Eighteenth-Century French and British Novel; Eighteenth-Century Constructions of Women's Friendship and Sexuality; Discourses on marriage; Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
Publications: Virtue, Gender and the Authentic Self in Eighteenth- Century Fiction (Florida, 1998); translations of Derrida's work, "Mallarmé," and "Before the Law," (Routledge, 1992) Articles published on Rousseau, Mme de Graffigny, Mme de Lafayette, Jane Austen, Charlotte Lennox, Female Friendship, Marriage. Her most recent book is Narrating Marriage in Eighteenth Century England and France (Ashgate Press, 2010).
- Marshall Smith: Touch My Desire, MA thesis, 2011
- Sara Rodrigues: Vaginal Biopolitics, MA thesis, 2011
- LindaBeth Nichols: Engendering Heteronormativity: A Critical Analysis of Marriage in the United States as a Discursive Site of Cross-Institutional Practices, MA thesis, 2008
- Sarah Trimble: Monstrous: Action, Life and Citizenship in Science Fiction, MA thesis, 2007
- Zahra McDoom: Unsettled Identity: Rhizomes, Home and Diaspora in the West Indies, MA thesis, 2000
Also from this web page: