Helen Fielding (on sabbatical July 2011-June 2012)
Department of Philosophy, Women's Studies and Feminist Research
Education: BA, Carleton; MA, PhD, York
Research interests: phenomenology, feminist philosophy, embodiment, technology and art; philosophers include Merleau-Ponty, Heidegger, Irigaray, Nancy.
Publications: Book in progress: The Cultivation of Perception. Co-editor of Time in Feminist Phenomenology (Indiana University Press, forthcoming 2011); of The Other: Feminist reflections in Ethics (Palgrave, 2007) and of vol. 7 (2006) Chiasmi International; translation of Irigaray's "To Paint the Invisible"; articles on Nancy, art and sexual difference, Heidegger and nature, Merleau-Ponty and Feminist Theory.
- Catherene Ngoh: Memory and Truth, MA thesis, 2009
- Laura Krahn: Eat Your Words: The Incorporation of Language and Body, MA thesis, 2009
- Adrian Sinclair: Thinking the Digital Corporeally, MA thesis, 2008
- Maureen Melnyk: Monstrous Expressions: On the "Style" of Tattooed Women, MA thesis, 2004
- Cynthia Leighton: Mechanics of Thought and Its Relation to the Concept of Life, MA thesis, 2002
- Ursula Misztal: The Elemental Coding of Sexual Difference, MA thesis, 2002
Also from this web page: