28. Reid G, Gan BS, She YM, Ens W, Weinberger S, Howard JC: Rapid identification of probiotic lactobacilli biosurfactant proteins by ProteinChip MS/MS tryptic peptide sequencing. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 2002: 68(2): pp 977-980.
29. Gan BS, Kim J, Reid G, Cadieux P, Howard JC: Lactobacillus fermentum RC-14 inhibits Staphylococcus aureus infection of surgical implants in rats. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2002: 185: pp 1369-1372.
30. Gan BS, Kim J, Reid G, Cadieux P, Howard JC: Probiotic Lactobacillus RC-14 and its biosurfactant prevent Staphylococcus aureus infection: A new approach in the prevention of implant infection? Plastic Surgery Forum 2002: 25: pp 164-167.
31. Chinchalkar SJ, Gan BS: Management of proximal interphalangeal joint fractures and dislocations. Journal of Hand Therapy 2003: 16: pp 117-128.
32. Cadieux P, Watterson J, Denstedt J, Harbottle R, Puskas J, Howard JC, Gan BS, Reid G: Potential application of polyisobutylene-polystyrene and a Lactobacillus protein to reduce the risk of device-associated urinary tract infections. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 2003: 28: pp 95-105.
33. Tse R, Ross DC, Gan BS: Late salvage of a free TRAM flap. British Journal of Plastic Surgery 2003: 56: pp 61-64.
34. Varallo VM, Gan BS, Seney S, Ross
DC, Roth JR, Richards RS, McFarlane RM, Alman B, Howard JC: Beta-catenin
expression in Dupuytren's disease: potential role for cell-matrix interactions
in modulating beta-catenin levels in vivo and in vitro. Oncogene 2003:
12(24): pp 3680-3684.
35. Howard JC, Varallo VM, Ross DC, Roth JH, Faber KJ, Alman B, Gan BS: Elevated levels of b-catenin and fibronectin in three dimensional collagen matrix cultures of Dupuytren’s disease are regulated by tension in-vitro. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders 2003: 4: 16 (16 July 2003).
36. Cadieux PA, Beiko DT, Watterson JD, Burton JP, Howard JC, Knudsen BE, Gan BS, McCormick JK, Chambers AF, Denstedt JD, Reid G: Surface-enhanced laser desorption/ionization time of flight mass spectrometry (SELDI-TOF-MS): A new proteomic urinary test for patients with urolithiasis. Journal of Clinical Laboratory Analysis 2003: 16: pp 1-7.
37. Howard JC, Varallo VM, Ross DC, Faber KJ, Roth JH, Seney S, Gan BS: Wound healing-associated proteins Hsp-47 and fibronectin are elevated in Dupuytren’s contracture. Journal of Surgical Research 2004: 117(2): pp 232-238.
38. Hui J, Choy J, Suwandaratne SP, Shervill J, Gan BS, Howard JC, Reid G: Antimicrobial activity of Vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) produced proanthocyanidin (PAC) on the growth and adhesion properties of p-fimbriated Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus. Journal of Food Science and Nutrition 2004: 9: pp 29-33.
39. MacDonald J, Zhong T, Lazarescu A, Gan BS, Harth M: Vasculitis associated with the use of Leflunomide: Case report and review of the literature. Journal of Rheumatology 2004: 31(10): pp 2076-2078.
40. Tse R, Howard JC, Gan BS: The effects of Transforming Growth Factor-b on cultured Dupuytren's fibroblasts in a collagen matrix. Plastic Surgery Forum 2004: 27: pp 166-168.
41. Howard JC, Reid G, Gan BS: Probiotics in surgical infection: current status. Clinical and Investigative Medicine 2004: 27(5): pp 274-281.
42. Tse R, Howard JC, Wu Y, Gan BS: Enhanced Dupuytren’s disease fibroblast populated collagen lattice contraction is independent of endogenous active TGF-b2. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders 2004: 5: 41 (12 Nov 2004).
43. Chinchalkar SJ, Gan BS, McFarlane RM, King GJ, Roth JH: Extensor quadrigia: pathomechanics and treatment. Canadian Journal of Plastic Surgery 2004: 12(4): pp 174-178.
44. Sabet LM, Salama S, Wexler D, Gan BS: An unusual cause of refractive chronic bilateral leg ulceration. Journal of Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery 2004: 8(6): pp 432-437.
45. Norrby-Teglund A, Muller MP, McGeer A, Gan BS, Guru V, Bohnen J, Thulin P, Low DE: Successful management of severe Group A streptococcal soft tissue infections using an aggressive medical regimen including intravenous polyspecific immunoglobulin together with a conservative surgical approach. Scandinavian Journal of Infectious Diseases 2005: 37: pp 166-172.
46. Arrelano R, Gan BS, Salpeter MJ, Yeo E, McCluskey S, Pinto R, Irish J, Ross DC, Doyle J, Parkin J, Brown D, Rotstein L, Witterick I, Matthews W, Yoo J, Neligan PC, Gullane P, Lampe H: (Equal contribution 1st and 2nd authors) A triple-blinded randomized study comparing the hemostatic effects of large dose 10% hydroxyethyl starch 264/0.45 versus albumin during major reconstructive surgery. Anesthesia and Analgesia 2005: 100: pp 1846-1853.
47. Boyd KU, Gan BS, Ross DC, Richards RS, Roth JH, MacDermid JC: Outcomes in carpal tunnel syndrome: Symptom severity, conservative management and progression to surgery. Clinical and Investigative Medicine 2005: 28(5): pp 254-260.
48. Bowley E, Mulvihill E, Howard JC, Pak BJ, Gan BS, O’Gorman DB: A novel mass spectrometry-based assay for GSK-3b activity. BMC Biochemistry 2005: 6(1): 29 (16 December 2005).
49. Nimigan AS, Ross DC, Gan BS: Steroid injection in the management of trigger fingers. American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 2006: 85(1): pp 36-43.
50. Thulin P, Johansson L, Low DE, Gan BS, Kotb M, McGeer A, Norrby-Teglund A: Viable Group A Streptococci in Macrophages during Acute Soft Tissue Infection. PLoS Medicine 2006; 3(3): e53 (17 January 2006)
51. O’Gorman DB, Howard JC, Varallo VM, Cadieux P, Bowley E, McLean K, Pak BJ, Gan BS: Identification of protein biomarkers in Dupuytren’s Contracture using Surface Enhanced Laser Desorption Ionization Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry (SELDI-TOF-MS). Clinical and Investigative Medicine 2006: 29(3): pp 136-40.
52. Temple CLF, Tse R, Bettger-Hahn M, MacDermid J, Gan BS, Ross DC: Sensibility following innervated free TRAM flap breast reconstruction. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 2006: 117(7): pp 2119-27.
53. O’Gorman DB, Wu Y, Seney S, Zhu R, Gan BS: Wnt expression is not correlated with b-catenin dysregulation in Dupuytren’s Disease. Journal of Negative Results in Biomedicine: 5:13 (30 August 2006).
54. Hutchinson S, Faber KJ, Gan BS: The Essex-Lopresti injury: More than just a pain in the wrist. Canadian Journal of Plastic Surgery 2006: 14(4): pp 215-18.
55. Nimigan A, Rosenblatt Y, Gan BS: Trigger fingers: a review. Critical Reviews in Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine 2006: 18(4): pp 303-16.
56. Bowley E, O’Gorman DB, Gan BS: Beta-catenin signaling in fibroproliferative disease. Journal of Surgical Research 2007: 138(1): pp 141-50.
57. Matic DB, Yazdani A, Wells RG, Lee TY, Gan BS: The effects of masseter muscle paralysis on facial bone growth. Journal of Surgical Research 2007 :139(2): pp 243-52.