Plastic Surgery Evidence Based Curriculum
The implementation of evidence-based surgery is challenging. One important barrier is lack of training in this area. This curriculum strives to educate plastic surgery residents in critical appraisal of the literature. This will provide them with the tools to apply the current best evidence in order to optimize patient care.
At the completion of this evidence-based curriculum, the plastic surgery resident will:
1. understand the levels of evidence.
2. have the tools to critically appraise a randomized-controlled trial.
3. have the tools to critically appraise a meta-analysis.
4. have the tools to critically appraise an article on a diagnostic test.
5. have the tools to critically appraise an article on health-related quality of life.
The documents and assigments in this curriculum are accessible by using your UWO ID and password on this site.
Also from this web page: