- Time series analysis and forecasting
- Changepoint and changeboundary problems
- Limit theory for partial sum sequences and for iterated partial sum sequences
- Modeling and forecasting rates of morbidity and mortality of chronic diseases
- Monitoring methods for early detection of outbreaks of infections
- Forecasting the extent of detected outbreaks of infections
- Xie, L. and MacNeill, I. B. (2007). Detection of boundaries in regression data in the presence of spatial correlation. International Journal of Statistics 6 (Special issue in honor of M.M. Ali), 341-350 .
- Naumova, E. N. ., Jagai, J. S. ., Matyas, B., DeMaria, A., Griffiths, J. K. . and MacNeill, I. B. (2007). Enteric diseases, seasonality and ambient temperature in Massachusetts. Epidemiology and Infections , 135(2) 281-292.
- MacNeill, I. B. and Xie, L. (2006). Spatial residual processes and boundary detection.. South African Statistical Journal , 40 33-53.
- aumova, E. N. . and MacNeill, I. B. (2006). Seasonality assessment for biosurveillance systems. Advances in Statistical Methods for the Health Sciences: Applications to Cancer and AIDS Studies, Genome Sequence Analysis, and Survival Analysis (eds., N. Balakrishnan, Jean-Louis Auget, M Mesbah, Geert Molenberg). Birkhauser, Boston, .
- Naumova, E. N. . and MacNeill, I. B. (2005). A system for signature forecasting and early outbreak detection. Environmetrics , 16 749-766.
- Sangel, D., Provost, S. B. . and MacNeill, I. B. (2005). On approximating the distribution of an alternative statistic for detecting lag-k serial correlation. Journal of Probability and Statistical Science , 3 229-239.