Fees & Policies
- While on Internship, students do not pay tuition
fees,but are required to pay a $700.00 - $1,200 administrative fee.
- Payment of fees is the sole responsibility of the student, not the employer.
- Interns may
enrolas part-time students while completing their work terms. Enrollment will be limited to a 1/2 course [0.5 credits] per academic term. For example, in a 12-month period, interns may enrolin a total of 1.5 credits [3 terms x 0.5].
- Please note that all interns must return to Western to complete their studies on a full-time basis [at least 3.5 credits/year].
Internship Situations & Penalties:
1. The student who accepts an internship offer and signs the Internship contract with us and then reneges on the offer prior to beginning the position;
- The student is withdrawn from the Science Internship Program [and Science 3391] and will receive an "F" in Science 3391. The student is still required to pay the Internship fee.
2. The student who goes out on an Internship work term and then quits to return to school or quits mid-term - without cause;
- The student receives an "F" in Science 3391 and is still required to pay the Internship fee.
3. The student who does not pay the Internship fee;
- The student receives
and"F" in Science 3391 and his/her academic record is sealed.
4. The student who is let go due to changes in economy or quits for health/compassionate reasons;
- The student is withdrawn from Science 3391 - but still required to pay the IIP fee.
5. The student who is withdrawn from the Internship program due to academic reasons - [i.e. scholastic
- The student is withdrawn from the Science Internship Program but still required to pay the IIP fee and will receive an "F" in Science 3391.
** Internship fees are NOT refundable **