Office Hours and Appointments
9:30am to 4:00pm, Monday to Friday
UPCOMING DISTRUPTIONS TO COUNSELLING SCHEDULES:
October 10 - office closing at 3pm
October 13 - Thanksgiving - Office Closed
Not sure whether to request an appointment OR come in for drop-in counselling? Click here for clarification.
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @westernuSCIAC to keep informed of changes.
Please use the Appointment Request Form
to request an appointment with an academic counsellor. Be as specific as possible as to why you would like to see an academic counsellor. For students outside the London area: you may request a phone appointment; be sure to include your phone number.
Fall/Winter Counselling Hours:
Monday - Friday 10:00am - noon and Monday - Thursday 2:00 - 4:00pm Appointment hours:
Monday - Thursday 10:00am - noon and 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Summer Counselling Hours:
Drop-in hours: Monday - Friday 10:00am - noon
Appointment hours: Monday - Thursday 1:30pm - 3:30pm
DROP-IN Appointments are not guaranteed, there are limited spots each day. Please do not drive long distances without calling first to determine wait times or availabilty.
Appointments are normally scheduled a week or more in advance, however, during peak periods, there may be a wait time of up to two weeks for a booked appointment. If your questions are time-sensitive, please e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or drop-in counselling may work better.
A limited number of pre-booked appointments are available each week, so some students will be asked to use other services such as Drop-in Academic Counselling or Department Counselling.
During the summer, in particular, appointments are in high demand and many requests will be referred to other sources of information.
Please do not drive a long distance without booking an appointment, drop-in appointments fill quickly in the summer.
- Same-day academic counselling
- Students can meet with an academic counsellor for up to 15 minutes
- Waiting involved during busy periods
- We will likely ask you to do drop-in counselling if you:
- Are planning to take a course at another university (“letters of permission”)
- Are requesting accommodation for missed course work due to compassionate reasons
- Require assistance that will involve 15 minutes or less of the academic counsellor's time
- How to sign up?
- Sign in with the assistant academic counsellor at the front desk – we are located in Western Science Centre, Room 191
Back to Top
- Are booked in advance, (usually a week or more in advance)
- Students can meet with a counsellor for up to 30 minutes
- Book an appointment if you:
- are concerned about your academic performance
- are needing to talk to someone confidentially
- need assistance in planning courses for an Exchange
- are considering a 2nd degree or deferring graduation
- have been admitted to Western and need help with evaluating your previous academic background
- How to request a appointment with an academic counsellor