- 2006 Nerenberg Lecture: Dr. R. Stephen Berry
- 2006 Awards for Excellence in Research: Dr. Peter Brown wins Bucke Prize
- 2006 Florence Bucke Science Prize
- WINS Distinguished Lecturer :
Dr. Franz J. Himpsel
"Nanoscience by the ton"
- 2006 Awards for Excellence in Teaching:
Dr. Greg Kelly wins Pleva Award
"Teaching not done until 'hooding'"
- The Faculty of Science's new Associate Dean (Administration): Dr. Louise Milligan
Offer of position came "out of the blue"
- Dean of Science Appointed : Dr. David M. Wardlaw to arrive from Queen's
- Western Institute for Nanomaterials Science: 2nd ONE-DAY Workshop
- Marie Curie and Mary Shelley (or very close facsimiles thereof) to speak at Western