Students win big at the 45th Southwestern Ontario Undergraduate Student Chemistry Conference
The 45th Southwestern Ontario Undergraduate Student Chemistry Conference (www.souscc45.ca) was held at York University on Saturday, March 18, 2017. There were 37 participants from our department, including 30 who presented. The conference had over 120 presentations from over 10 universities and ended with a celebratory banquet. 6 chemistry undergraduate students were recognized formally:
- Troy Babcock - 1st place in the inorganic/materials section.
- Samantha Anderson - 2nd place in inorganic/materials section
- Daniela Capello - 3rd place in inorganic/materials section.
- Deborah Chan - 1st place in the theoretical/computational section.
- Angela Murcia Rios - 2nd place in
- Nadia Sharma - 2nd place in the biological/medicinal section.