- Academic Counselling
- Academic Counsellors
- BMSc Web Site
- Department Counsellors
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Departments
- Contact Us
Other Counselling Links
Full-time: A student who registers from September to April in 3.5 credits or more.
Part-time: A student who registers for 3.0 credits or fewer in any session.
To register for courses, a student must:
- Be admitted to Western or be a continuing student in good standing
- Select courses by the appropriate deadline
Web registration begins in March for Summer session courses.
Web registration begins in June for Fall/Winter session courses and is available only to continuing Western students who have submitted an Intent to Register form.
Academic timetables can be viewed here.
Students choose their program/module/degree(s) during February's Intent to Register period. There will be Information Sessions available during this time.
Check the Office of the Registrar's website in mid-January for details.
Department Counsellor(s) provide counselling regarding course selection.
There is a Add/Drop period in September and January when students can change courses if space is available.
Online Add/Drop - January 4 - 9
Paper Add/Drop - January 11 & 12
Last day to drop a second term half course is February 12th
Program/Module/Degree changes require the submission of a Change of Status form. These forms are available from the Dean's Office, WSC Room 191 and must be completed for:
- Changes in academic load (e.g. full-time to part-time)
- Changes of degree objective (e.g. honors to 3 year)
- Changes in Faculty of registration
- Complete withdrawal from university
Letter of Permission
Students apply to the Dean of their Faculty for a Letter of Permission to take courses at another university (a non-refundable fee of $50 is charged by the Registrar's Office).
Steps to take:
- Visit the other university's website for a description of the course(s) that you wish to take
- Print off the course description and have a Department Counsellor(s) evaluate it for equivalency with Western course(s)
- Bring the approved course recommendation(s) to an Academic Counsellor in the Dean's Office to complete the paperwork
- You must adhere to the other university's policy/deadlines for admission as a visiting student
- Remember to have an official transcript transferred to Western upon completion of the course(s)
The following links provide more information on Letters of Permission.