Scholarships & Awards
Are there financial awards with a preference for female graduate students?
Yes, at the Canadian Federation of University Women there is the:
CFUW Memorial Fellowship - The candidate must be enrolled in a masters degree program in science, mathematics, or engineering in the 2008-2009 academic year. She may be studying abroad. Value: 1 @ $10,000.
There are other awards available from this organization although they are not specifically for science, to see more click here.
The Merck Index Women in Chemistry Scholarship - Applicant must be a woman accepted into and planning to attend a graduate program in chemistry beginning in the fall semester. Award recipients are expected to present a summary of undergraduate research at the ACS National Meeting. Winners will be notified in advance of the meeting, and a stipend will be provided to cover travel expenses. Research presented by the applicant must be original work in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry. Value: numerous @ $5,000.
For more information and to view the application form in Word format, click here.
2008 Google Canada Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship - Candidates must:
- Be a female student enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate program in 2008-2009 – all years of study are eligible.
- Be studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related technical fields.
- Be enrolled in full-time study in the 2008-2009 academic year
- Be enrolled as a student at a Canadian university. International students are eligible to apply as long as they are enrolled at a Canadian university
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale, or 75%, or a B+
For more details click here.