Order of Ontario
The Order of Ontario is the province's highest official honour. It recognizes any current or former long-time resident of Ontario who has demonstrated a high level of individual excellence and achievement, in any field, benefiting the people of Ontario or anywhere in the world. Members of The Order of Ontario are entitled to use the post-nominal initials 'O.Ont.'
The Nomination Process
Anyone can nominate, but self-nomination is not accepted. Nominees are long-term residents or former residents of Ontario.
A full nomination package will consist of:
- A completed nomination form
- A brief summary of the nominee's achievements to capture the attention of the selection committee (max. 1000 characters);
- A detailed description of the nominee and his/her achievements including background/history of the nominee (max. 8000 characters);
- Written testimonials (signed and original) from at least two additional persons who can attest to the value and impact of the nominee’s achievements; and
- Additional material in support of the nomination (e.g., additional testimonial letters, publications, media stories, tributes). Only include additional materials that provide new information and insight into the nominee’s accomplishments.
Submissions can be made online using the electronic process.
If submitting by post please complete the nomination form and send all materials in one package to:
Ontario Honours and Awards Secretariat
Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration
400 University Avenue, 4th Floor
- All material must be in 8.5" x 11" format.
- Do not send multiple or bound copies (no staples).
- Do not send originals of important or official documents as they will not be returned.
- List all material enclosed.
The final nomination submission deadline is March 31, 2017.
Interested parties are encouraged to consult with Julaine Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Research Development & Services regarding this award and the nomination process.