Canadian Academy of Health Sciences Fellowships - 2018Fellowship in the Canadian Academy of Health Sciences (CAHS) is among the highest honours in Canadian health science and carries with it a covenant to serve the Academy and the future well-being of health science. The CAHS recognizes the full breadth of academic health science from fundamental science to social science and population health. Fellows of the Academy are entitled to the designation FCAHS (Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Health Sciences) or MACSS (Membre de l’academie Canadienne des sciences de la santé).
The Nomination Process
- be Canadian citizens or have been Canadian residents for the preceding three years;
- have careers marked by a record of substantial accomplishment;
- be well recognized by their peers nationally and internationally for their contributions to the promotion of health science;
- have demonstrated leadership, creativity, distinctive competencies, and a commitment to advance academic health science.
- Fellows will normally hold the rank of Full Professor
Three Letters of Nomination are Required:
- The Primary Nominator must be a Canadian Academy of Health Sciences (CAHS) Fellow
- All must be from either health science experts or senior academic administrators.
- At least one should come from a senior leader at the nominee’s institution (Dean, CEO, President, VP-Research, etc.)
- One should come from a well-recognized referee from outside the nominee’s institution (Canadian or international).
A full nomination package will consist of:
- 100-word lay-citation describing the nominee’s accomplishments and contributions;
- a list of keywords covering the nominee’s areas of expertise (selected from a list);
- a 500-word summary and assessment of accomplishments and contributions justifying election;
- a 500-word statement from the nominee on their commitment to advancing academic health sciences.
Complete the 2018 Nomination Form found online and send the completed nomination package to: email@example.com
Note: electronic submissions only.
The final nomination submission deadline to CAHS is March 9, 2018.
Interested parties are encouraged to consult with Julaine Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Research Development & Services regarding this award and the nomination process.