FERNANDO HENRIQUE CARDOSO was President of the Federative Republic of Brazil for two successive mandates (from 01/01/1995 to 01/01/2003), winning both elections by an absolute majority.
Among his current functions, Fernando Henrique Cardoso is Chairman of the Club of Madrid, co-Chairman of .the Inter-American Dialogue, President of the United Nations Panel of Eminent Personalities on the relationship between the Organization and civil society and coordinator of the working group in charge of reviewing the process of Ibero-American Summits. He is also a member of the Board of Trustees of the Rockefeller Foundation, New York, and of the Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton.
- Professor Catedrático (Helding the Chair), Political Science, University of São Paulo(1968)
- Livre-Docência, Sociology, University of São Paulo(1963 )
- Ph.D., Sociology, University of São Paulo(1961)
- Master in Sociology, University of São Paulo(1953)
- Bachelor in Social Sciences, University of São Paulo(1952)
Also from this web page:
March 10 & 11, 2008
Fueling Canada-Brazil Collaboration in Renewable Energy R & D From Policy Development to Project Implementation
With Support From
For more information contact:
Vice President of Research UWO