Stefanie Lee, MD
Currently: PGY2 Resident of Radiology
Medical School: University of Alberta
Pre-med: BSc Hons Neuroscience, University of Alberta
Area(s) of personal interest:
- Fetal MRI in the diagnosis of pulmonary hypoplasia
- Spousal correlations in chemistry profile analytes
- Factors affecting physicians' research productivity and choice for rural practice
- Neural basis of songbird communication
- Ethics of environmentally sustainable hospitals
- Summation algorithms and Maple software course development
- Micromachines in implantable drug delivery systems
Why did you choose radiology?
- fascination with the power of diagnostic medicine
- excellent research and elective experiences
- working with colleagues in all clinical specialties
- opportunities for procedures and patient contact
The best and worst things about radiology:
Advice to Radiology wannabes:
Start early; choose electives based on where you'd like to go. Talking to people about what other fields they considered and how they chose their current path often yields valuable insights.
Best personal advice:
Make time for reflection and personal growth - one of those "important but not urgent" things that often gets lost in the shuffle.
Favourite TV shows:
Frasier, Simpsons, The Office
www.greatday.com has a wealth of them
Most Memorable Moment in Radiology:
What do you want to do after graduation?
Also from this web page:
Finding Your Way