Western Award of Excellence pays tribute to exceptional staff
The Western Award of Excellence program has captured the attention of our campus community, attracting a total of 62 nominations in its inaugural year.
Designed in 2005 by a task force of volunteers from across campus, the award program is a campus-wide initiative to recognize the exceptional performance of staff members who contribute to providing Canada’s best student experience; promote leadership and personal growth; and foster the values of integrity, respect and commitment to service.
Congratulations to this year’s individual award recipients, who include:
- Ivan Celic, Caretaker, Physical Plant
- Bill Cox, Media Specialist, Institutional Planning & Budget
- Jeni Duro, Lab Technician, Department of Biology
- Dave Mills, Broadcast Manager, Faculty of Information & Media Studies
- Sherri Moore, Faculty Administrative Assistant, Ivey School of Business, and Administrative Liaison for Ivey Connects
- Jeannie Taylor-Shaw, Administrative Officer, Dept. of Anthropology
Congratulations also to the Western Heads East Team, which includes:
- Bob Gough, Assistant Director - Residence Education and Programs
- Chris Costello, Communications Officer, Physical Plan
- Teresa Scherle, Housing & Ancillary Services
- David Shepherd, Vice President, UWOSA, and Housing Accounts Assistant
- Denise Farr, Book Store
- Becca Carroll, Training Coordinator, Housing & Ancillary Services
- Rachel Harder, Student Exchange Advisor, Centre for New Students
The award winners’ stories can be read online.
Together with Vice-President of Administration Gitta Kulczycki and Board of Governors Chair Helen Connell, I look forward to presenting the awards at a reception being held on February 27, 2006 in the Great Hall starting at 11:30 a.m. This special event will kick-off the fourth annual Staff and Leaders Conference, running February 27 through March 1.