What are the key elements of the Strategic Planning Task Force’s mandate?
Broadly speaking, the Task Force aims to do five things:
- review the mission and vision statements in the 1995 Strategic Plan, Leadership in Learning, and the aspirations set out in the 2001 Strategic Plan, Making Choices, in the context of the new postsecondary environment;
- identify key priorities which Western should pursue in support of its mission, vision and basic principles, while focusing on four key groups – faculty, staff, students and alumni;
- examine areas including graduate and undergraduate programming and enrolment; recruitment and support of faculty, staff and students; internationalization; and alumni affairs; and propose ways to recognize and build on strengths in research, teaching and the learning environment;
- determine Western’s placement nationally and internationally in scholarship and learning, and establish effective means to measure our progress in the future;
- examine the investment in new construction and renovation to existing space required to fulfill our academic objectives.