Nomination guidelines for The 2013 Western Award of Excellence
Who is eligible for nomination?
Any active full-time or part-time Western administrative staff (excludes full-time students and faculty); Staff and faculty at affiliated university colleges are not eligible.
Any work team.
Limitations on nominations:
Self-nominations are not accepted;
- Past award recipients become ineligible for three years beyond date of receipt.
Who may nominate?
- Anyone internal or external to the Western community who interacts with staff.
How to Nominate - Duty of Nominators
Step 1: Complete the nominator and nominee information on the nomination form.
Step 2: Tell the story! Complete the "Description of Nominee" section by providing specific examples of how/why your nominee should be considered for the Award. (tips on filling out your nomination form)
Step 3: Submit your nomination form no later than November 30, 2012
- Supporting letter are not required but are acceptable;
- The total nomination submission, including nomination letters, should be a maximum of 8 pages;
- Preferrably the nomination form should be filled out using Microsoft Word (however legible handwriting is accepted).
All nominees will be informed of their nomination in early 2013. If the individual or work team you have nominated is selected for an award you will be contacted to make arrangements to:
Notify the honouree(s) regarding their selection as an award recipient.
Advise you of your role at the presentation to be held during the annual Staff and Leader Conference.
Recognition of all nominees
Being nominated for The Western Award of Excellence is an important accomplishment. In recognition of this milestone all nominees will be recognized with a letter of congratulations as well as posting of their name on the recognition web site and an announcement in Western News.
Also from this web page:
.: Scott May
Campus Communications Consultant
(519) 661-2111 x85466 or firstname.lastname@example.org