Campus Community Police Service

Wallets & Credit Cards

Personal Information is Valuable

Wallet theftThe security of your wallet and credit cards is in your hands. You can do several things to ensure their safe keeping. The following tips may help to prevent the loss or theft of your wallet, credit cards and other valuable personal information.

Lost/Stolen Identification & Credit/Bank Cards

All pieces of lost or stolen identification should be reported to the police. Even if you believe that you have simply lost your wallet or credit cards report the loss to the Campus Police Office.

BANK CARDS - Notify your bank branch immediately for a replacement card. Be sure to change your PIN number.

CREDIT CARDS - Notify your credit card company immediately to cancel the card:



DRIVER'S LICENSE - Attend any local vehicle license issuing office in your area with two pieces of identification.  A temporary license is issued for a fee of $10.

Area vehicle license offices are located at:

BIRTH CERTIFICATE - Call 1-800-461-2156 or visit (if you were born in Ontario).

SOCIAL INSURANCE CARD - Call 1-800-268-7218. Visit 457 Richmond Street, London, Ontario.

ONTARIO HEALTH CARD - Call 1-800-268-1154 or attend 217 York Street 5th floor, London, with proof of citizenship, proof of residency and proof with a name and signature on it.  Being able to provide your health card number would be helpful.  There is no fee.

BELL CALLING CARD - Call 1-800-561-8888 immediately.

PASSPORT - Call 1-800-567-6868 and report it as lost or stolen.

WESTERN ONECARD - Visit Student Central in Room 1120, Western Student Services Building.  There is a fee for replacement Western ONECards. 

Please note that if your Western ONECard has a meal plan on it you should report it as lost/stolen to any cashier on campus or to Student Central and it will immediately be deactivated.  You are responsible for all transactions or loss of funds prior to deactivation.  If you find your card after it has been deactivated, you must have it reactivated at Student Central before it will work.

For more information, visit the Ontario Government's Losing Your Wallet web site.