Campus Community Police Services believes in contributing to the community. In accordance with the community based policing mission, CCPS is involved in many charitable initiatives:
- supported Western’s University Students’ Council, Student Food Bank
- provided leadership in conjunction with housing and the Platt’s Lane Residents Association in holding community meetings, a BBQ and bicycle rodeo
- formed TEAM WESTERN for an annual 180 kilometer bicycle tour from Grand Bend to London and return, in support of Multiple Sclerosis research. Every year we raise thousands of dollars with our largest team having been 57 members, raising $20,000 that year.
- donated bicycles to the Memorial Boys and Girls Club
- organized and coordinated Western’s “KOATS FOR KIDS” drive on campus to collect coats for the Boys and Girls Club in London
- in conjunction with Western’s University Students’ Council, organized a realistic extrication from a car wreck in support of MADD, raising student’s awareness about the hazards of drinking and driving
- provided support for the Brain Tumor Foundation of Canada