NEWS AND EVENTS
SPRING ISSUE OF CONNECT
The Spring issue of the PMA newsletter "Connect" is now available in the News Section of the Members' Only website.
GREAT WOLF LODGE
Once again Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls is offering exclusive rates for PMA members for Thursday, June 23 and Friday June 24, as well as November 3, 4 and 5. Please visit the News section of the Members' Only page for details.
The 2016 PMA AGM will be held on Wednesday, May 18 at noon in the Great Hall. The agenda, minutes, reports and other pertinent information are available in the Members Only section.
SUMMER SIZZLER BBQ
Watch this space for information about the upcoming PMA Barbeque in June.
PMA Retirement Gift Matching Program
At the 2013 PMA Annual General Meeting the membership approved a motion to provide retiring members with a gift entitlement of $250.00.This amount can be applied towards an item purchased by the member. Retiring members are asked to provide their letter from Human Resources confirming their retirement date and the original receipt for the purchase. To be eligible you must be a current dues-paying PMA member, having been a member for at least two years immediately preceding your retirement date.
Please send documents to PMA Office, Room 351, UCC, Western University, London, Ontario, N6A 3K7. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
As a member of the PMA, you are entitled to two personal days each calendar year.
PMA Western is on Facebook!
Click on the icon to "Like" us and keep up to date with PMA information and events.
The Connect is available on the News page in the Members' Only section.
The PMA Office is open Monday to Thursday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Welcome to the Professional & Managerial Association
You can access a great deal of information concerning your employment at The University of Western Ontario via the items listed in the navigation above. To access the majority of web content, such as agreements, links to documents and policies, you must be a member of the PMA.
Membership in the PMA is voluntary. To become a member, you must first be eligible, which means that you are employed at an Administrative/ Professional salary grade 13 or higher, Computer Services 2-6, Technical 7-8, or University Police Sergeant, and are regular, full-time employees of the University. Our agreement with the University does not generally permit PMA to represent contract employees.
• Opportunities to participate in the development of policies and programs affecting you and your colleagues. These are provided through surveys, contact with members of the PMA Executive and active involvement in one of the PMA Committees.
• Access to stimulating personal, professional and career development activities tailored to the needs of PMA members.
• Assistance and support for any questions or concerns, particularly regarding employment practices and procedures.
• Resources and information on University operations and activities.
• Interaction with the community of professionals and managers on campus.
• Participation in a wide array of University activities in which you may be Interested and where your input makes a difference.
If you are unsure of your eligibility to be represented by PMA, please contact the PMA office.
Are you interested in joining the PMA?