NEWS AND EVENTS
Important Note Regarding PMA Professional Expense Reimbursement
As the PMA Memorandum of Agreement expires at the end of this month, please note that only professional expenses incurred up until October 31, 2014, can be claimed for reimbursement. The deadline to submit for these expenses is March 31, 2015. Expenses incurred after October 31 are subject to our upcoming negotiations.
INFO ABOUT WESTERN RIF
Visit the 'News' section of the Members' Only page to learn about upcoming sessions about Western's Retirement Income Fund.
2014 PMA AGM
Thank you to all who attended the AGM on May 29. Minutes will be posted on the Members' Only site soon.
The 2014-2015 Executive can be found under the Committees tab.
Spring 2014 Connect
The latest issue of the PMA newsletter 'Connect' is now available under News on the Members' Only page.
PMA Retirement Gift Matching Program
At the 2013 PMA Annual General Meeting the membership approved a motion to provide retiring dues-paying members with a gift entitlement. Please visit the News section of the Members' Only page for details.
PMA Western is on Facebook!
Click on the icon to "Like" us and keep up to date with PMA information and events.
The Connect is available on the News page in the Members' Only section.
DID YOU KNOW?
As a member of the PMA, you are entitled to 2 personal days each calendar year.
The PMA Office is open Monday to Thursday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Welcome to the Professional & Managerial Association
You can access a great deal of information concerning your employment at The University of Western Ontario via the items listed in the navigation above. To access the majority of web content, such as agreements, links to documents and policies, you must be a member of the PMA.
Membership in the PMA is voluntary. To become a member, you must first be eligible, which means that you are employed at an Administrative/ Professional salary grade 13 or higher, Computer Services 2-6, Technical 7-8, or University Police Sergeant, and are regular, full-time employees of the University. Our agreement with the University does not generally permit PMA to represent contract employees.
• Opportunities to participate in the development of policies and programs affecting you and your colleagues. These are provided through surveys, contact with members of the PMA Executive and active involvement in one of the PMA Committees.
• Access to stimulating personal, professional and career development activities tailored to the needs of PMA members.
• Assistance and support for any questions or concerns, particularly regarding employment practices and procedures.
• Resources and information on University operations and activities.
• Interaction with the community of professionals and managers on campus.
• Participation in a wide array of University activities in which you may be Interested and where your input makes a difference.
If you are unsure of your eligibility to be represented by PMA, please contact the PMA office.
Are you interested in joining the PMA?