NEWS AND EVENTS
PMA Mingle & Jingle
PMA members are invited to join the festivities in the Great Hall on December 17 from 3:30 to 5:30.
Fall Issue of Connect
The Fall 2013 issue of Connect is now available under 'News' on the members' only page.
PMA Retirement Gift Matching Program
At the 2013 PMA Annual General Meeting the membership approved a motion to provide retiring dues-paying members with a gift entitlement. Please visit the News section of the Members' Only page for details.
PMA Awesome Great Wolf Lodge Deal for members
Thursday, November 7, 2013 – $109.99
Friday, November 8, 2013 – $159.99
Saturday, November 9, 2013 – $179.99
Rooms must be reserved by Monday, October 7 to receive this rate.
Visit the 'News' Section of the Members Only page for details.
Columbia Sportswear Deal
OFFER EXPIRES SEPTEMBER 30TH!
PMA has received another invitation to shop in the Columbia Sportswear Employee Store in September! For a limited time (September 1st - 30th) PMA members will receive the wholesale prices Columbia employees receive. Please visit the News Section of the members' only site for details.
Check out the News page of the Members' Only section for exciting information about Stratford Festival deals.
2013 PMA Annual General Meeting
The PMA Annual General Meeting was held on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 in the Great Hall at noon.
The minutes of the meeting are now available in the members' only section of the website under PMA Documents.
The Spring issue of "Connect" is available on the News page of the Members Only section.
PMA Western is on Facebook!
Click on the icon to "Like" us and keep up to date with PMA information and events.
The Connect is available on the News page in the Members' Only section.
DID YOU KNOW?
As a member of the PMA, you are entitled to 2 personal days each calendar year.
The PMA Office is open Monday to Thursday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Welcome to the Professional & Managerial Association
You can access a great deal of information concerning your employment at The University of Western Ontario via the items listed in the navigation above. To access the majority of web content, such as agreements, links to documents and policies, you must be a member of the PMA.
Membership in the PMA is voluntary. To become a member, you must first be eligible, which means that you are employed at an Administrative/ Professional salary grade 13 or higher, Computer Services 2-6, Technical 7-8, or University Police Sergeant, and are regular, full-time employees of the University. Our agreement with the University does not generally permit PMA to represent contract employees.
• Opportunities to participate in the development of policies and programs affecting you and your colleagues. These are provided through surveys, contact with members of the PMA Executive and active involvement in one of the PMA Committees.
• Access to stimulating personal, professional and career development activities tailored to the needs of PMA members.
• Assistance and support for any questions or concerns, particularly regarding employment practices and procedures.
• Resources and information on University operations and activities.
• Interaction with the community of professionals and managers on campus.
• Participation in a wide array of University activities in which you may be Interested and where your input makes a difference.
If you are unsure of your eligibility to be represented by PMA, please contact the PMA office.
Are you interested in joining the PMA?