NEWS AND EVENTS
David Chilton event
David Chilton spoke to a packed audience of PMA members on February 18. In order to assist with planning future events, those in attendance are invited to fill out a short survey. The survey will be open until 4 p.m. on February 28. Thank you for your input.
Columbia Sportswear Invitation
PMA members have once again been invited to shop in the Columbia Sportswear Employee Store. For a limited time, March 5 to April 2, PMA dues paying members will receive the wholesale prices that Columbia employees receive.
Please visit the News section of the Members' Only pages to access the invitation.
Winter 2014 Issue of Connect
The Winter 2013 issue of Connect is now available under 'News' on the members' only page.
PMA Great Wolf Lodge Deal
PMA is pleased to announce that another deal has been offered to members by Great Wolf Lodge for Wednesday, February 19 through Saturday, February 22.
Reservations must be made by January 31, 2014.
Please visit the News section of the Members Only pages for details.
PMA Mingle & Jingle
Thank you to all who came out to the PMA Mingle & Jingle on December 17. Your contributions to the Food Bank will be greatly appreciated.
PMA Retirement Gift Matching Program
At the 2013 PMA Annual General Meeting the membership approved a motion to provide retiring dues-paying members with a gift entitlement. Please visit the News section of the Members' Only page for details.
2013 PMA Annual General Meeting
The PMA Annual General Meeting was held on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 in the Great Hall at noon.
The minutes of the meeting are now available in the members' only section of the website under PMA Documents.
PMA Western is on Facebook!
Click on the icon to "Like" us and keep up to date with PMA information and events.
The Connect is available on the News page in the Members' Only section.
DID YOU KNOW?
As a member of the PMA, you are entitled to 2 personal days each calendar year.
The PMA Office is open Monday to Thursday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Welcome to the Professional & Managerial Association
You can access a great deal of information concerning your employment at The University of Western Ontario via the items listed in the navigation above. To access the majority of web content, such as agreements, links to documents and policies, you must be a member of the PMA.
Membership in the PMA is voluntary. To become a member, you must first be eligible, which means that you are employed at an Administrative/ Professional salary grade 13 or higher, Computer Services 2-6, Technical 7-8, or University Police Sergeant, and are regular, full-time employees of the University. Our agreement with the University does not generally permit PMA to represent contract employees.
• Opportunities to participate in the development of policies and programs affecting you and your colleagues. These are provided through surveys, contact with members of the PMA Executive and active involvement in one of the PMA Committees.
• Access to stimulating personal, professional and career development activities tailored to the needs of PMA members.
• Assistance and support for any questions or concerns, particularly regarding employment practices and procedures.
• Resources and information on University operations and activities.
• Interaction with the community of professionals and managers on campus.
• Participation in a wide array of University activities in which you may be Interested and where your input makes a difference.
If you are unsure of your eligibility to be represented by PMA, please contact the PMA office.
Are you interested in joining the PMA?