NEWS AND EVENTS
The PMA Executive has been monitoring with interest the recent activity regarding senior administration compensation and the subsequent response by members of the campus and greater community. Consistent with past practice, the PMA will not provide commentary on employment contracts outside those of our own Association. As we move forward, we trust that everyone at Western will commit to engaging respectfully with one another as we heal, learn, and grow together, as a community.
We welcome your feedback on this matter. If you have any questions or comments, please contact Chris Thompson, PMA President, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Annual General Meeting is scheduled for Thursday, May 21. The invitation and information package will be available in late April.
The Winter 2015 issue of Connect is now available under News on the members' only page.
Memorandum of Agreement
The PMA Negotiations Committee is pleased to report that the PMA membership voted to adopt the tentative Memorandum of Agreement as presented on November 14.. Members voted 96.9% in favour of the MOA, with 63.5% of members casting votes.
Please visit the Documents page on the Members' Only site to view the 2014 Memorandum of Agreement.
PMA Retirement Gift Matching Program
At the 2013 PMA Annual General Meeting the membership approved a motion to provide retiring dues-paying members with a gift entitlement. Please visit the News section of the Members' Only page for details.
PMA Western is on Facebook!
Click on the icon to "Like" us and keep up to date with PMA information and events.
The Connect is available on the News page in the Members' Only section.
DID YOU KNOW?
As a member of the PMA, you are entitled to 2 personal days each calendar year.
The PMA Office is open Monday to Thursday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Welcome to the Professional & Managerial Association
You can access a great deal of information concerning your employment at The University of Western Ontario via the items listed in the navigation above. To access the majority of web content, such as agreements, links to documents and policies, you must be a member of the PMA.
Membership in the PMA is voluntary. To become a member, you must first be eligible, which means that you are employed at an Administrative/ Professional salary grade 13 or higher, Computer Services 2-6, Technical 7-8, or University Police Sergeant, and are regular, full-time employees of the University. Our agreement with the University does not generally permit PMA to represent contract employees.
• Opportunities to participate in the development of policies and programs affecting you and your colleagues. These are provided through surveys, contact with members of the PMA Executive and active involvement in one of the PMA Committees.
• Access to stimulating personal, professional and career development activities tailored to the needs of PMA members.
• Assistance and support for any questions or concerns, particularly regarding employment practices and procedures.
• Resources and information on University operations and activities.
• Interaction with the community of professionals and managers on campus.
• Participation in a wide array of University activities in which you may be Interested and where your input makes a difference.
If you are unsure of your eligibility to be represented by PMA, please contact the PMA office.
Are you interested in joining the PMA?