NEWS AND EVENTS
2013 PMA Annual General Meeting
The PMA Annual General Meeting has been called for Tuesday, May 28, 2013. The meeting will take place in the Great Hall at noon. Lunch will be provided.
The invitation and information package are available on the Members' Only page under Documents.
Also available are the nomination forms for executive and the Nancy Kendall Award.
The Spring issue of "Connect" is now available on the News page of the Members Only section.
PMA Mentoring Series Workshop
Thank you to all who attended the Mentoring Workshop on April 4. There was an excellent turnout and the information provided was well received. If you were unable to attend, please visit the Members' Only Page and click on News to view the handout.
PMA Celebrates 30 Years!
Thank you to all who attended the 30th anniversary luncheon in the Great Hall on December 12. As part of the celebration, PMA member Deb Coward has put together a video commemorating the anniversary.
Click here to view the video.
PMA Western is on Facebook!
Click on the icon to "Like" us and keep up to date with PMA information and events.
The Connect is available on the News page in the Members' Only section.
DID YOU KNOW?
As a member of the PMA, you are entitled to 2 personal days each calendar year.
The PMA Office is open Monday to Thursday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Welcome to the Professional & Managerial Association
You can access a great deal of information concerning your employment at The University of Western Ontario via the items listed in the navigation above. To access the majority of web content, such as agreements, links to documents and policies, you must be a member of the PMA.
Membership in the PMA is voluntary. To become a member, you must first be eligible, which means that you are employed at an Administrative/ Professional salary grade 13 or higher, Computer Services 2-6, Technical 7-8, or University Police Sergeant, and are regular, full-time employees of the University. Our agreement with the University does not generally permit PMA to represent contract employees.
• Opportunities to participate in the development of policies and programs affecting you and your colleagues. These are provided through surveys, contact with members of the PMA Executive and active involvement in one of the PMA Committees.
• Access to stimulating personal, professional and career development activities tailored to the needs of PMA members.
• Assistance and support for any questions or concerns, particularly regarding employment practices and procedures.
• Resources and information on University operations and activities.
• Interaction with the community of professionals and managers on campus.
• Participation in a wide array of University activities in which you may be Interested and where your input makes a difference.
If you are unsure of your eligibility to be represented by PMA, please contact the PMA office.
Are you interested in joining the PMA?