BA Dalhousie; MA, PhD Illinois
- Moral and Political Philosophy, Feminist Ethics
- Member, Rotman Institute of Philosophy
- Affiliate Member, Women's Studies and Feminist Research
- Member of Political Science graduate program
Phone: 519-661-2111 ext. 85743
Office: Stevenson Hall, Room 4127
- PHIL 1022E - Advanced Introduction to Philosophy (Fall term)
- PHIL 3270F - Normative Ethics
- PHIL 9110B (cross listed with WS 9595B) - Sexual Citizenship
- Samantha Brennan and Robert Stainton, Philosophy and Death, Broadview Press, 2009.
- Samantha Brennan, Will Kymlicka, Jacob Levy, Andrew Bailey. Broadview Anthology of Social and Political Theory, Volume 2: The Twentieth Century and Beyond, September 2008.
- Samantha Brennan, Will Kymlicka, Jacob Levy, Andrew Bailey. Broadview Anthology of Social and Political Theory, Volume 1: Plato to Nietzsche, January 2008.
- Samantha Brennan and Robert Noggle, Taking Responsibility for Children, Wilfrid Laurier University Press, January 2008.
- “Moral Gaps and Moderate Deontology,” Philosophical Perspectives,2009, 23 (1):23-43.
- “Reflections on Creating a Warmer Environment for Women in the Mathematical Sciences and in Philosophy,” with Robert Corless, Atlantis, Volume 33,
Number 2, 2009, pp. 54-61.
- “Feminist Ethics and Everyday Inequalities,” Hypatia, Special Issue, Oppression and Moral Agency: Essays in Honor of Claudia Card, Number 1, Volume 24
(Winter 2009),pp. 141-159.
- “Moral Lumps,” Ethical Theory and Moral Practice, Volume 9, Number 3, June 2006, pp. 249-263.
- "A Survey of Recent Work in Feminist Ethics," Ethics, July 1999, Volume 109, Number 4, pp. 858-893.
Chapters in Books:
- "Rethinking the Moral Significance of Micro-Inequities: The Case of Women In Philosophy,” forthcoming in Women in Philosophy: What Needs to Change?, edited by Fiona Jenkins and Katrina Hutchison.
- "Those Shoes Are Definitely Bicurious”: More Thoughts on the Politics of Fashion,” forthcoming in Passing/Out: Sexual Identity Veiled and Revealed, Ashgate Publishing,Dennis Cooley and Kelby Harrison, co-editors.
- "Fashion and Sexual Identity, or Why Recognition Matters" Chapter 8,pp. 120-134 in Fashion and Philosophy. Edited by Jeanette Kennett and Jessica Wolfendale. Wiley-Blackwell, 2011.
- “Feminist Ethics,” pp. 514-524 in The Routledge Companion to Ethics, edited by John Skorupski, Routledge, 2010.
- Samantha Brennan and Angela White, “Responsibility and Children’s Rights: The Case for Restricting Parental Smoking” in pp. 97-111 in Taking Responsibility for Children,Wilfrid Laurier University Press, 2008.
- “The Liberal Rights of Feminist Liberalism," pp. 85-102 in Varieties of Feminist Liberalism, edited by Amy Baehr, Rowman and Littlefield, 2004.
- "Children's Choices or Children's Interests: Which Do their Rights Protect?" Chapter 4, pp. 53-69 in The Moral and Political Status of Children: New Essays, edited by Colin Macleod and David Archard, Oxford University Press, 2002.