BA, MA Manitoba; PhD Toronto
- Associate Professor
- Cross Appointment with Faculty of Law
- Member, Rotman Institute of Philosophy
Phone: 519-661-2111 ext. 85758
Office: Stevenson Hall, Room 4140
- PHIL 2800F - History of Political Philosophy
- PHIL 2821F - Philosophy of Law
- PHIL 3180G - Topics in the History of Political and Legal Philosophy
- PHIL 9106 - Philosophy of Criminal Law
- PHIL 9784 - Grotius and Hobbes on Sovereignty and Law
- “Property and Necessity,” James Penner and Henry Smith (eds.), The Philosophical Foundations of the Law of Property (Oxford: Oxford UP, forthcoming 2014).
- “Hobbes on Equity,” David Dyzenhaus and Thomas Poole (eds.), Hobbes and the Law (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, forthcoming 2013).
- “Excuses and Excusing Conditions,” Francois Tanguay-Renaud and James Stribopoulos (eds.), Rethinking Criminal Law Theory (Oxford: Hart Publishing, 2012), 161-74.
Western provides the best student experience among Canada's leading research-intensive universities.