- If you have never purchased a Western parking permit before.
- If you have a parking account, but no hang tag.
- If you have lost your hang tag.
- If you have a hang tag and a parking account.
Student Parking Zones
Parking permits are not sold by lot; they are sold by zone. Students occupy the green zone, which is comprised of:
- Althouse West (Tip: fills to capacity by about 10:00 am)
- Ontario Lot
- Medway (Tip: does not usually fill to capacity)
- Huron Flats (Tip: fills to capacity in September because of football)
- Springett West Gate (Tip: fills to capacity by about 8:30 am)
During the summer months (May - Aug.), student (green) permit holders have access to all green zone lots as well as the following grey zone lots: Springett Staff lot, and Althouse Staff lot.
All rates include HST and are subject to change.
A fully refundable hang tag deposit of $30 will be charged at the Parking Office when picking up new permit hang tags.
*Rates for September 1, 2017 to August 31, 2018.
|TYPE OF PERMIT
|Student Green Non-Reserved
|Student Green Reserved - Medway Lot Only
|Casual Student Parking
|Evening/Weekend Only (sold by the term)
|1 Month Permit
|1 Week Permit
|3 Day Permit
|Transponder/Hang Tag Refundable Deposit
|Permit Cancellation Fee - see refund cut-off dates below
Student Permit Refund Policy
A $25 administration fee is charged for the early return of all permits.
Students who purchase a term or annual permit and return the permit early will be charged the monthly rate for the period they held the permit for, and will no longer be eligible for the cost savings associated with the purchase of a term/annual permit.
Students returning permits after the 4th of the month will be charged for that current month.
The last day for the early return of a term one permit is November 4th.
The last day for the early return of a term two permit is March 4th.
The last day for early return of any undergraduate permit for a refund is February 4th.
The $30 hang tag deposit fee is always returned to customers with no outstanding balances on their parking account. Photo identification is required to obtain a refund.