CaRTT, funded by the CIHR and local partners through to 2016, invites applications for traineeships for the May 25, 2015 deadline
We are pleased to announce the Call for Applications for September 2015 funding
(see link below).
The aim of this program is to train cancer researchers to:
- Forge linkages that enhance their ability to generate and investigate innovative new research ideas;
- Transfer laboratory discovery to clinical and community practice; and
- Be able to obtain funds to carry out their research from public and private sectors; and
- Inform the public of new information pertinent to cancer.
This will be done by:
- Providing an integrated training program in cancer biology and treatment
- Providing training in development of partnerships between basic and clinical researchers
- Providing training in development of industrial partnerships
- Providing stipends for MSc and PhD trainees in basic biological and physical sciences;
- Creating "meet and interact" programs for research sponsors, researchers-in-training and senior researchers in basic and clinical sciences to speed the transfer of information from basic laboratories to the private sector, the clinic and the community
Applications are invited from cancer research trainees who:
- Are accepted into, or already training, in an MSc or PhD program in a basic science department of Western University, and working under the supervision of a named CIHR Strategic Training Program Mentor.
- Are a postdoctoral fellow in the laboratory of a CIHR Strategic Training Program Mentor.
- Are clinical research trainees under the direct supervision of a CIHR Strategic Training Program Mentor.
Full or partial funding for MSc and PhD trainees is offered. (NOTE: Postdoctoral fellows and clinical research trainees will not be provided with a stipend). Please note that only trainees under the supervision of specified Strategic Training Program Mentors are eligible to apply. Trainees must consult with their mentor prior to submitting an application. Detailed information, application guidelines, and eligibility requirements are posted below (click on link) for September 1st funding.
Click here for guidelines
Also from this web page: