WHY JOIN ACCUO?
The benefits of membership that are most highly prized by the majority of the membership include:
- Access to a confidential ACCUO list-serve to post queries and receive feedback from more experienced members in the Ombuds field and/or those with more specialized knowledge in a particular area
- Opportunity to participate in a regularly scheduled in Eastern and Western Canada mid-year meeting which is an excellent means for obtaining consultation from all members present on issues of individual or common concern.
- Opportunity to participate in an annual ACCUO conference which is focused specifically on the learning needs and interests of academic Ombuds.
- Access to sample Terms of Reference for Establishing an academic Ombuds office
- Access to draft Standards of Practice for Academic Ombuds
The ACCUO organization is also working on a variety of projects that will assist members to publicize the existence of their offices and the value derived from the establishment of an Ombuds office. We would be happy to speak with you if you would like more information or a more detailed explanation of any of the activities or resources listed above.
To know more about becoming a member of ACCUO, please contact a member of the Executive.