Western Opera Audition Format
Time of Auditions:
Principal role auditions for first term full productions will take place at the end of March in the previous school year.
Auditions for all productions/events will take place Monday and Tuesday evenings during the first full week of classes in September
• Western OPERA Coordinator (Chair of Audition Panel)
• Conductor/Music Director of each production
• Director of the Production being cast (if available)
• Head Coach of Western OPERA
• 3 members of the Voice Division to be chosen by the division
• One additional non voice member at the discretion of the panel
i.e. a choreographer, collaborative piano professor
*The Performance Studies Chair and all members of the voice division are invited to hear auditions in a non-voting status.
• The casting meeting will take place within two days following the completion of the auditions and casting will be posted within two days following the meeting.
• All Principal roles will be cast by simple majority vote of the panel.
• Once casting is made, cast combinations will be at the discretion of the director and music director with input from the head coach.
• Any member of the audition panel that has a student involved in the audition
process cannot vote for her/his student but may abstain from that vote.
• Each members of the audition panel must be present for all the auditions or their vote will not be recorded.