Gift Fund Application Form 2013-2014
APPLICATION PACKAGE 2013-2014 – Round Two
The Don Wright Faculty of Music Undergraduate Gift Fund was established in 1993, and is replenished annually by students in the form of a $50.00 refundable levy, included in each student’s tuition fee. These funds have enabled the Faculty of Music to create a reserve of money, entitled The Don Wright Faculty of Music Undergraduate Gift Fund. This reserve is used to enhance the educational experience of students within the faculty by providing funding for equipment and projects that would otherwise be impossible.
The Gift Fund Committee is comprised of the Faculty of Music Students' Council (FoMSC) President (Committee Chair), up to seven undergraduate Music students, a professor from the Faculty of Music, and the Dean of Music. The committee meets twice annually to review submitted applications, and the application deadline for Round Two is Friday, February 28, 2014 by 4:30 p.m. Please submit completed applications in PDF format to Isabelle Hamel Carassi at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an email confirmation once your application has been received. .
Below, please find application guidelines for The Don Wright Faculty of Music Undergraduate Gift Fund. All project proposals must adhere to these rules as closely as possible – please take the time to read them carefully!
Questions regarding applications and the Gift Fund may be directed to Isabelle Hamel Carassi, Committee Chair and FoMSC President, at email@example.com.
Thank you for applying to The Don Wright Faculty of Music Undergraduate Gift Fund!
Isabelle Hamel Carassi
Chair - Gift Fund Committee
President – Faculty of Music Students’ Council (FoMSC)
THE DON WRIGHT FACULTY OF MUSIC UNDERGRADUATE GIFT FUND
- Application Guidelines –
1) Guidelines for Reviewing Applications:
- All funds specified shall be in Canadian dollars;
- Partial funding to projects is an option;
- Projects that have sought other forms of funding may receive special consideration;
- An application for reimbursement of funds is not guaranteed and will be granted only under exceptional circumstances;
- Please submit a complete proposal, including photocopies, pictures and a full list of specifications when necessary;
- Please calculate all related charges into the total amount being requested. The following charges tend to be forgotten and can often increase the cost of a project significantly: applicable taxes (HST), any shipping & handling charges, approximate customs/duty charges, and the approximate number of UWO parking passes needed for your guest artists (so we can plan to order and have those available as needed);
- The fund will attempt to sponsor a variety of projects effective in the short and long term;
- The fund will support a wide diversity of projects and aim to benefit the interests of all undergraduate music students;
- Unsuccessful applicants are encouraged to re-apply during a later round of Gift Fund. Requests can also be submitted to the Dean’s Office and will be considered on a case-by-case basis, in the event alternate funding options exist.
2) Masterclasses and Concerts:
- Undergraduate students registered in the Faculty of Music shall be invited to participate in masterclasses and attend concerts free of charge. It is important that priority be given to Faculty of Music undergraduate students for opportunities to participate in masterclasses;
- Other observers and participants of masterclasses and concerts (other than undergraduate students) shall pay a fee which must be proposed by the applicant and decided upon by the Gift Fund Committee. This must be included in the “Revenues” section of the application;
- Monies raised from ticket sales shall be used to reimburse advertising costs and the sum returned to the fund;
- All posters and programs must credit the support of the Don Wright Faculty of Music Undergraduate Gift Fund, using the logo provided by the committee at the time written approval of the project is granted.
3) Equipment/Instrument Purchase:
- Equipment and instruments purchased should aim to benefit the interests of all undergraduate students;
- Proposals for equipment and instruments must include price quotes, model numbers, and other detailed descriptions and/or illustrations;
- All equipment and instruments must have a Don Wright Faculty of Music Undergraduate Gift Fund logo affixed, wherever possible (provided by the Gift Fund Committee).
4) Successful Applicants are Responsible For:
- Ensuring the Committee Chair, Dean’s Office, production and promotion staff and students are notified of events/completion dates at the earliest possible date;
- Proactively confirming all financial and organizational details of the project with the Dean’s Office staff as far in advance as possible;
- Advertising events through posters and announcements within the Faculty and to other interested parties. All posters and programs must credit the support of the Gift Fund with the use of its logo, provided by the Gift Fund Committee;
- Notifying the Committee Chair and the Dean’s Office of any postponements and/or cancellations of Gift Fund approved projects. All cancelled projects will have funds reverted back into the reserve;
- Preparing a brief review of the impact/success of the project funded, including a complete financial accounting for the event.
NOTE: Once approved, projects must be completed within TWO YEARS from the approval date. If not completed, funds will be reverted back into the reserve. The Committee Chair and the Dean’s Office must be notified of the progress and delays of all Gift Fund approved projects.