February Research News
Lou D'Alton: - Chapter Publication: “A Gramscian Analysis of the Public Performance Right.” 2014, chapter 10 in Intellectual Property for the 21st Century Interdisciplinary Approaches, Irwin Law, Toronto.
- Official Book Release on March 5th 2014
Matt Shelvock: - Paper Presentation at Conference: Innovation Music at University of York, UK. Titled "The Progressive Metal Guitarist's Signal Chain: Digital and Analog Strategies", is currently in peer review to be published in the print proceedings for the conference.
- Offers a monthly free clinic presentation for guitarists through Walter's Music here in town.
- Paper to be published. Read here
- Record Nomination: Graze "Graze" (New Kanada: NK 42, 2013) (http://www.beatport.com/release/graze/1189855
) has been nominated for a Juno Award, in the Best Electronic Recording category. Is also the in-house mastering engineer for Thoughtless Music, which also has a record nominated in the same category, namely, Noah Pred's "Third Culture" (http://www.beatport.com/release/third-culture/1183004
). Sessions for both records were done in TC 345a, which he has retrofit for this sort of work, alongside more traditional recording work.
- Lecture Presentation: Presented a lecture recital at the Australasian Piano Pedagogy Conference at the University of Southern Queensland. Her paper has been included in the conference's proceedings. Website: http://www.appca.com.au/2013proceedings.php