The 2012 Infection and Immunity Research Forum was held Friday, November 30th, 2012 and hosted by The Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada.
Thank you to everyone who came out to the 2012 IIRF! Congratulations to all of this year's winners and look forward for details to the 2013 IIRF in the near future.
Pictures of the conference are available here: IIRF Pictures
If you came out to this year's IIRF, please fill our survey to help us improve our conference: IIRF Survey
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Peter Palese: "Towards a universal influenza virus vaccine."
Oral Presentation Awards:
- Lee Goneau, Western University, "Persister cell traits of uropathogenic bacteria." $500 Award sponsored by Cedarlane
- Ram Anantha, Western University, "Elevated Frequency of Invariant Natural Killer T cells in Septic Patients." $500 Award sponsored by Novus Biological
CIHR Institute of Infection and Immunity Poster Competition Awards
- Maria Goiko, Western University, "Cellular Mechanisms of Force Generation in Antibody-Mediated Phagocytosis." $200 Best in Show: People's Choice Award sponsored by Cedarlane/ATCC
- Fiona Whelan, McMaster University, "The Evolution of the class A Scavenger Receptors." $100 Award sponsored by Centre for Human Immunology
- Jean Macklaim, Western University, "Comparative meta-RNA-seq of the vaginal microbiota and differential expression byLactobacillus iners." $100 Award sponsored by Biolegend
- Jessica Sheldon, Western University, "Discovery
synthases?" $100 Award sponsored by eBioscience
- Ali Abbas,Western University, "The transcrional regulation of PADI4 in rheumatoid arthritis." $100 Award sponsored by Bronze level sponsors
- Christina Valiaveettil , McMaster University,"Investigations IBSC regulation and biological function." $50 Award sponsored by Pall Corporation
- Rushi Gandhi, Western University, "Ectodomain Shedding by TACE/ADAM17 Regulates Kidney Injury Molecule-1
(KIM-1) mediated Phagocytosis of Apoptotic Cells." $50 Award sponsored by VWR