ArcGIS Site License
- ArcGIS is available to faculty, research staff and graduate students.
- There is no fee for the ESRI ArcGIS Desktop software.
- This license must be renewed on an annual basis; login to the ITS Software Distribution website for the renewal codes.
- Professors and instructors (including graduate students) may install ArcGIS on their home/personal computers for Western research and/or class preparation.
- Contact the ITS Site License Coordinator to request more information.
Current versions available:
- ArcGIS 10.2 for Desktop: Advanced (formerly ArcInfo)
- ArcGIS 10.2 for Desktop: Standard (formerly ArcEditor)
- ArcGIS 10.2 for Desktop: Basic (formerly ArcView)
Each license level provides additional GIS functionality as you move from Basic to Standard to Advanced.
How do you find out which ArcGIS for Desktop Software Is Right for You? Refer to the ESRI's ArcGIS Desktop FAQ web page.
Taking ESRI Courses - Virtual Campus Enrollments:
- These virtual courses are available to Western faculty, staff, and students.
- There is no cost to enroll in any of these courses.
- Visit the ESRI website to see a complete listing of the course descriptions.
- Enroll in courses by completing the Virtual Course request form.
- You will receive an email with the ESRI Training Course Access Codes within three business days.
- If you notice emails from ESRI.com are being tagged as spam, add the recipient to your Spam Trap safe list.
Western provides the best student experience among Canada's leading research-intensive universities.