CRTC Wireless Code of Conduct (2013-12-02)From CRTC: The Wireless Code ...
The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) has created this Wireless Code (the Code) so that consumers of retail mobile wireless voice and data services (wireless services) will be better informed of their rights and obligations contained in their contracts with wireless service providers(service providers).
The Wireless Code will
- make it easier for individual and small business customers to obtain and understand the information in their wireless service contracts;
- establish consumer-friendly business practices for the wireless service industry wherenecessary; and
- contribute to a more dynamic wireless market.
The Code applies to all wireless services, whether purchased on a stand-alone basisor as part of a bundle, and whether purchased in person, online, or over thephone. All service providers must comply with the Code.
These rules will apply to new contracts for cell phones andother personal mobile devices starting December 2, 2013.
Highlights include ...
- Cancelling wireless contracts without fees after two years -- even if they have signed on for a longer term.
- Data charges are capped for
- extra data at $50 per month.
- international data roaming at $100.
- Unlocking cell phones after 90 days, or immediately if the device was paid for in full.
- Return their cell phones within 15 fdays and specific usage limits if unhappy with service.
- Accept or decline changes to the key terms of a fixed-term contract and receive a contract that is easy to read and understand.