Western's Central E-mail Service FAQ
Who is eligible for a Western e-mail account?
Every active student at Western is entitled to a Western e-mail account (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org ). Current staff and faculty also receive a @uwo.ca e-mail account and will use this account in any official communications with students.
When do I get this account?
An e-mail account is created when:
- An individual applies through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) at attend Western;
- A new student who did not apply through OUAC is set up in the Student Administration system;
- An individual returns to Western to study after a length of time;
- An individual is hired by Western.
How long do I have this e-mail account?
You will continue to have access to email & calendar through your @uwo.ca email address.
However, since you are no longer registered as a current student at Western, you will lose the following Office 365 services:
- Access to online MS Office applications.
- Microsoft Student Advantage (use of MS Office on personal devices)
- Skype for Business
Removal of these services generally occur after the last add/drop period in January following the term in which you were last registered. You will be notified of the loss in service in January via an e-mail directed to your @uwo.ca e-mail account.
How is the @uwo.ca e-mail account used at Western?
All primary communications from the Registrar's office, Dean's offices and departments will be addressed to your @uwo.ca e-mail. It is expected that you will keep your e-mail in good working order.
I have heard about E-mail for Life, what is it?
Your @uwo.ca is now your Email for Life account. Upon graduation, you will retain your @uwo.ca email address with no action required by you. Check out Email for Life and Alumni Benefits for additional details on alumni service offerings.