Spam and Phishing
Western is a large target for spam and phishing emails. It's important to learn how to recognize phishing emails to help protect your account.
ITS Network Security has created the Cybersmart website to help you learn to recognize Phishing emails.
ITS will also post Official Emails sent from ITS as well as Examples of Phishing Messages seen on campus.
- This page provides information about Western's system for trapping spam emails, SpamTrap.
- This page describes the best practices when it comes to dealing with spam and phishing emails.
- This page describes how to best handle harassing or threatening messages.
- This page describes how change the "notification type" within SpamTrap.
- This page explains how to forward emails with full message headers.
- This page explains how to release emails from SpamTrap.
- This page explains how to train SpamTramp to better identify spam and help you reduce the amount of undetected spam you recieve.
- This page explains how to whitelist legitimate senders whose emails keep getting caught in the SpamTrap.
and maintained in Cascade CMS.