Applies to Convergence Webmail
This procedure will explain how to redirect messages from your Western Convergence email address to another email address. If you forward your mail, all new messages will automatically be sent to the address you specified.
This document only pertains to Convergence email addresses. If you currently access your email through Office 365, visit https://MyOfficeInfo.uwo.ca for more information.
Some examples of when you might want to use mail forwarding:
- If you have more than one email address
- if you are going to be away and you would like someone else to respond to your emails during this time.
- Log into Webmail at http://mail.uwo.ca
- Select Options > Mail > Local Account > Forwarding
- Select Enable automatic forwarding by putting a checkmark in the box.
- Type in the email address(es) that you would like the messages to be forwarded to (separating each email address by a comma).
- By default a copy of any new message is retained in your mailbox. If you do not wish to keep a copy of your message on the server, remove the checkmark beside "Keep a copy of the message".
- Click on Save Preferences at the bottom of the page.
Testing Mail Forwarding
Be sure to test that your email is being correctly forwarded to avoid generating a mail loop.
- Send a message to your email address. You can use any email program that you like (ie. Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Hotmail etc.)
- Check your destination email account (the place you forwarded your messages to). The new message you sent should be there.
- Your test message will appear in the inbox of your Western email address as well, unless you have removed the checkmark from Keep a Copy of the message
Last updated on