Finding Your Way
How Do I ... Connect
to the 'uwosecure-v2' Wireless Network with Windows 8
This document outlines the configuration required for Windows 8 to connect to the uwosecure-v2 wireless network.
Make sure that your Western Identity Manager password has been synchronized here.
1. You can access the network list when using the
new 'Metro' start screen: slide your cursor (or finger) from
the bottom right corner up (or from the top right corner down) and then select the 'Settings' button. You
can also get to this side menu from the 'Desktop' view by clicking on the 'Network' icon in the lower right of
of your screen.
2. In the bottom area you should have an icon like the one in the image below.
Click this icon.
3. Ensure that 'Airplane mode' is off.
4. Under 'Wi-Fi', click 'uwosecure-v2'.
5. Ensure that 'Connect automatically' is check marked.
6. Enter the following:
User name: your Western username
User password: your Western password
7. Click 'OK'.
8. You may receive a message like the one below. If you do, simply click 'Connect'.
You should now be connected to the 'uwosecure-v2' wireless network.