Finding Your Way
How Do I ... Setup 'uwosecure-v2' wireless network access on Mac Leopard (10.5)
This document will help you setup uwosecure-v2 on Mac Leopard 10.5.5.
Make sure that your Western Identity Manager password has been synchronized here.
You will first need to make sure you are using MAC OS X version 10.5.5
(To check this, click on the Apple button (in the upper left corner of your screen) and select "About this Mac." If it has version 10.5 but not 10.5.5, you can simply update OS X but clicking on the apple button and select "Update Software." This should bring your copy of Leopard up to its latest version. You will need to perform this either at home with an internet connection, or hard-wired on campus.)
1. Click on the Wireless Network symbol at the top right of your screen.
2. Click 'Turn Airport Off'.
3. Click on the Wireless Network symbol again then click 'Open Network Preferences'.
4. In the Network window that opened up, click on 'Advanced'.
5. Remove any networks that you do not use that are listed in the 'Preferred Networks' area by highlighting the network then clicking the "-" button.
6. Select the '802.1X' tab at the top. Remove any uwo/uwosecure related user profiles by selecting the network in the list then clicking the '-' symbol at the bottom.
7. Click on '+', then select 'Add User Profile'.
8. Rename the new profile to 'uwosecure-v2'.
Username: your Western username
9. On the right side, change the following:
Password: your Western password
(Note: Your username is the first part of your Western email address (eg. email@example.com)
Wireless Network: uwosecure-v2
(You will have to type this in manually as there will be no networks shown in the dropdown menu.)
Authentication: uncheck TTLS, and make sure PEAP is the only option checked.
10. Now, return to the 'Airport' tab to continue.
11. Underneath the 'Preferred Networks' list, click the '+' button.
12. In the new window, enter the following:Network Name: uwosecure-v2
Security: WPA2 Enterprise
Username: Do Not Enter
Password: Do Not Enter
802.1X: Choose 'uwosecure-v2'
(This will populate the username and password fields automatically)
13. Click 'Add' then 'OK' then
(Note: If you also see a 'TLS Certificate', ignore it and continue)
14. Click 'Turn Airport On'
15. Now you will need to allow airport to connect itself to uwosecure-v2 which may take a few minutes.
16. An authentication certificate MAY pop up. If it does, click on 'Show Certificate'.
17. Check mark 'Always trust "radical.vm.its.uwo.ca"' and click 'Continue'. You are now set up for uwosecure-v2.