How Do I ... Setup NotifyLink for iPhone/iPod
NotifyLink iPhone support allows users with an iPhone or iPod touch to access their Email via NotifyLink . Setup for this solution involves creating a Microsoft Exchange® mail account on the device. There is no application software to install.
- Successful completion of the NotifyLink Request Page .
- Email confirmation message from email@example.com of setup on the server.
icon from the device's Home Screen.
Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Microsoft Exchange
Enter Registration Credentials
- Email: your UWO email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Username: your UWO email address (email@example.com)
- Password: Note this is not your UWO password but the authentication password associated with the Notifylink Web Client .
You may see the error message, “
Unable to Verify Certificate
Tap Accept to bypass the error and proceed.
Tap Next .
By default the Contact and Calendar synchronizations are set to OFF to prevent existing data from being removed.
- If you prefer that existing PIM (contacts and calendar events) be removed and replaced with PIM data from the Western's server, turn Contacts and Calendars ON and tap Save .
- If you wish to preserve the existing PIM data on your iPhone, leave Contacts and Calendar OFF
At the warning prompt, tap Sync .
Note: You can change this setting at any time. From the Home screen, tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars . Then tap your account.
Refer to email confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions
Disclaimer: The provided instructions are for information purposes only. Neither The University of Western Ontario nor the Division of Information Technology Services assume any responsibility for loss of use or damage to a computer system (including any data or software contained within the computer system) which is the result (directly or indirectly) of the application of these instructions. Any problems, questions or concerns not addressed by these instructions should be directed to the vendor and/or the manufacturer and not to The University of Western Ontario or any of its employees or incumbents.
©2010, The University of Western Ontario. Permission is granted to copy in whole or in part provided that due credit is given to the authors, Information Technology Services, and The University of Western Ontario.