Finding Your Way
How Do I... Install the Secure Global Desktop Client
MyVlab previously required Java to run. However, recent releases of Java are incompatible with MyVLab. In order to utilize the service, you must install and configure the Oracle Secure Global Desktop Client. The following isntructions show Windows XP but should be followed for Windows Vista/7/8 as well.
- Open your browser and enter: https://ssgd.uwo.ca/installic_en.html
- Click Download the Secure Global Desktop Client for Microsoft Windows.
- Click Run in the file download prompt.
- Once download is finished, click Next, Next, and Install in the installation wizard.
- When installation is complete, launch the Login application under Oracle Secure Global Desktop from your Start Menu.
- You will need to configure the setting Server URL to https://ssgd.uwo.ca/sgd
- Click Connect.
- Your default browser should open MyVlab.
- Click Yes when asked “Do you wish to connect to this server?” (this window can sometimes open behind the browser window)
- MyVlab should now work as expected.
***For future use, start MyVlab from your computer’s start menu using the Login application. ***