How Do I ... Delete Mail in Western Webmail
This document will describe how to delete emails in the Western Webmail client.
To delete an e-mail message from the Message list area:
- Select the message you wish to delete by clicking on the Subject line or sender, this will highlight the message. Now click Delete.
- If there are multiple messages that need to be deleted, Select the first one the same way as above, then hold CTRL and click on the next message and any following messages that also need to be deleted. All selected messages should now be highlighted, click Delete.
- To select all of the messages in your inbox, click Select All.
- Any deleted messages will be moved to your Trash folder.
- To permanently delete the messages, open the trash folder, select all the messages and click Delete.
To delete an e-mail message after you have read it:
- Click on the Delete button at the top. Just as above, the message will appear in the trash folder.
- To remove the message permanently, go into the trash folder and delete it from there.
Disclaimer: The provided instructions are for information purposes only. Neither The University of Western Ontario nor the Division of Information Technology Services assume any responsibility for loss of use or damage to a computer system (including any data or software contained within the computer system) which is the result (directly or indirectly) of the application of these instructions. Any problems, questions or concerns not addressed by these instructions should be directed to the vendor and/or the manufacturer and not to The University of Western Ontario or any of its employees or incumbents.
©2010, The University of Western Ontario. Permission is granted to copy in whole or in part provided that due credit is given to the authors, Information Technology Services, and The University of Western Ontario.