Finding Your Way
The email listed below is an Account Related Email sent from ITS
Subject: Changes to Spam Management
You've received this message because your Western Spam Filter is configured to tag spam as "[Spam?]" when delivered to your Inbox.
Effective March 8, 2010, spam messages will be held in a SpamTrap, rather than tagged and delivered. Daily e-mail notifications will summarize the contents of your SpamTrap and provide you with 3 easy choices:
* Deleting all trapped messages
* Delivering selected messages and deleting the rest
* Logging in to SpamTrap to manage your spam and filter settings
The benefits of trapping spam in your SpamTrap include:
* Spam is not counted in email quota - spam messages in your "trap" no longer part of your e-mail quota
* Automated spam removal - messages trapped for more than 30 days are automatically deleted
* Improved message management – summary message containing all spam versus individual messages
* Increased control - ability to create personal safelists, training your filter to improve the accuracy
If you have any questions regarding this change please contact the ITS HelpDesk: http://www.uwo.ca/its/helpdesk/
Don't Get Phished!
Verify the authenticity of this message by checking the Official Account Related Emails Sent from ITS at http://www.uwo.ca/its/accounting/official-email/its-account/index.html. You can make sure that you are visiting the real page posted by Western ITS (and not a well-crafted forgery) by hovering over the link and verifying that the site starts with http://www.uwo.ca/its/.