U.S.A: Killam Fellowship
The Killam Fellowship is a grant provided by the Killam Mobility Program to outstanding full-time undergraduate students who are Canadian citizens. The fellowships offer a grant of $5000 for one semester or $10,000 for a full-year exchange at a participating university in the United States. Successful applicants will also be provided with $500 to offset the cost of health insurance, as well as an all-expense-paid three-day training in Ottawa and a three-day seminar in Washington D.C.
- Participating universities in the United States:
Who can apply?
- Canadian citizens registered as full-time undergraduate students in any faculty may apply. Students must have and maintain a minimum cumulative average of 80%.
How long can I go for?
- One term (Winter/Fall) or one year.
When does class start and end?
September to December
Language of Instruction
How many credits do I need to earn?
- Students must maintain full-time status at Western and at their host university during their exchange.
Benefits of the Killam Fellowship
- US$10,000 award for students participating in a full year exchange
- US$5,000 for one semester
- Health Insurance allowance (up to US$800 for in-country travel)
- Fall Killam Orientation in Ottawa, ON (travel cost, room and board)
- Spring Seminar in the United States (travel costs, room and board).
How to prepare your application
For more information, contact International Learning:
Phone: 519-661-2111 x 89309
Location: Western Student Services Building, Room 2120