Sweden: Umea University
Umea University was established in 1965 and has 26,000 students, including many foreign students. Students at Umea describe it as open, dynamic and practical. Knowledge of Swedish is not an admission requirement for the courses offered as "courses in English". Umea is a center for leisure and pleasure, with a wide range of cultural and sporting activities, theaters, concerts, cinemas, pubs, and nightclubs. Most departments are located on campus, with student accommodation nearby.
Who can apply?
- Graduate and undergraduate students in the faculties of Social Science, and Science are eligible to apply.
How long can I go for?
- One term (Winter) or one full year. Review the school start and end dates before you apply.
When does class start?
- Autumn Semester : End of August - Mid January
- Spring Semester: Mid January-Beginning of June
Language of Instruction
How many credits do I need to earn?
- 30 ECTS= 2.5 Western credits(students going for 1 term)
- 60 ECTS= 5.0 Western credits (students going for 1 year)
What courses do they offer?
Can I live on campus?
- Yes, exchange students may apply to live on campus.
Contact a Student Who Has Gone on This Exchange
For more information, contact International Learning:
Phone: 519-661-2111 x 89309
Location: Western Student Services Building, Room 2120