Spain: Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona
Please note this is a Study Abroad program - students pay tuition to UAB (see fees below)
UAB - Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona (the Autonomous Univeristy of Barcelona) is the number one university in Spain. UAB offers this Study Abroad programme designed with various courses taught in English specifically for international students who can learn Spanish, and at the same time, study electives in different areas. Classes are held in the campuses that UAB has in the city of Barcelona and within an enriching international environment. The calendar of this programme has been adapted to international standards.
Who can apply?
- Undergraduate students in Arts and Humanities or Social Science, or students in any faculty who are fluent in Spanish.
How long can I go for?
- One term or one full year. Review the school start and end dates before you apply.
When does class start?
- Semester 1: Beginning of September - End of December
- Semester 2: Begining of January - End of April
Language of Instruction
- English, Spanish and Catalan.
How many credits do I need to earn?
- 30 ECTS= 2.5 Western credits(students going for 1 term)
- 60 ECTS= 5.0 Western credits (students going for 1 year)
How much is tuition?
- Approximately 2,600€ to 2,800€ for 2.5 Western credits depending on course selection.
What courses do they offer?
Can I live on campus?
- Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona's Housing Office offers a variety of housing options in Barcelona.
Contact a Student Who Has Gone on This Exchange
For more information, contact International Learning:
Phone: 519-661-2111 x 89309
Location: Western International, 2nd Floor, International and Graduate Affairs Building